Working to build a better Ethiopia, together.
The Ethiopia Diaspora Trust Fund is a non-profit organization working in coordination with the Ethiopian government to directly involve diaspora Ethiopians from all walks of life in improving the lives of the Ethiopian people by raising funds for vital socio-economic projects in Ethiopia.
- Responding to the Prime Minister Dr. Abiy Ahmed’s call for $1 a day to support critical unmet needs in Ethiopia and in support of his message of love, forgiveness, reconciliation, unity and peace, the global Ethiopian Diaspora has enthusiastically accepted his challenge and is ready, willing and able to mobilize and coordinate resources to support vital unmet inclusive economic and social development projects in Ethiopia.
- The Ethiopian Diaspora supports the bold peaceful political democratization reform launched by the Prime Minister and his Government and support all efforts aimed at improving the social, political and economic life of all Ethiopians, irrespective of ethnicity, language, religion, and gender. The Fund is wholly committed to efforts aimed at promoting and supporting for all Ethiopians:
- A life of dignity, freedom, equality, justice and economic opportunity;
- Equitable and inclusive social and economic development; and
- National unity based on peaceful cooperation among Ethiopia’s diverse communities;
- The Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund (EDTF) Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the rationale, guiding principles and operating procedures, including the EDTF’s governance, project approval, implementation, reporting monitoring and evaluation.
- The EDTF will be guided by principles of inclusiveness, accountability and transparency.
MISSION & OBJECTIVES
The primary objective of the EDTF is to finance people-focused social and economic development projects. The Fund aims to finance projects that meet critical needs selected based on their potential to make the highest positive impact on groups and communities in Ethiopia in such areas as health, education, water and sanitation facilities, habilitation and rehabilitation of persons with disability, agricultural development, technology, small scale entrepreneurship and other income and employment generating projects. The EDTF will give priority attention to projects focusing on youth, women, small holder farmers, small enterprises and entrepreneurs, who can be agents of inclusive social and economic development.