The EDTF Secretariat
The EDTF Secretariat, which is headed by an Executive Director and initially includes a Programme Design Specialist and a Communication Specialist, started operations in Addis Ababa.
The Secretariat’s functions include:
- Provide administrative, technical and management support to the Board of Directors;
- Prepare the EDTF Operational Manual detailing project submission procedures, formats, report submissions…etc. for Board approval;
- Undertake capacity assessment of Implementing Organizations and provide them support in proposal submissions;
- Identify, review and submit project proposals for approval of the Board after ensuring EDTF requirements are met;
- Prepare “Guidance Notes” to Implementing Organizations on project preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Monitor agreed procurement, recruitment and implementation, practices of Implementing Organizations;
- Prepare Consolidated Quarterly and Annual EDTF Progress Reports based on reports received from Implementation Organizations for submission to the Board; and
- Ensure timely summary postings of project information (project pipelines, approved projects, progress and evaluations reports, …etc.) on the EDTF website.